If you use BambooHR you can connect your account to Appraisd to populate and manage your people data.
Who’s this for?
If you use BambooHR, you can set up a one-way sync from BambooHR to Appraisd which will automatically update your People list in Appraisd based on changes you make in BambooHR.
The following fields are synchronized:
- Preferred Name (or First name if unavailable)
- Last name
- Employee ID
- Job title
- Department (this goes into Appraisd's Custom1 field)
- Division (this goes into Appraisd's Custom2 field)
- Hire date (this goes into Appraisd's CustomDateTime1 field)
- Status (active/deactivated)
Step 1 – Get your BambooHR API key and insert it into Appraisd
- Click API Keys here:
- Click this button:
- Give the new API key a name. It's important to make sure that it is clear what the key is for.
- A new key is generated for you. You need to copy the key by clicking here
- Now return to Appraisd and the Configuration area:
- Click Integrations on the left, then click on connect to BambooHR
- Paste your API key in here:
- You now need to get your BambooHR CompanyID which can be found in your BambooHR account's URL. Then paste it into the CompanyID field in Appraisd.
Step 2 – Set up the webhook
The webhook enables a near-real time sync with BambooHR. Once configured you should see changes made in BambooHR reflected in Appraisd in less than 1 minute.
- Copy your Webhook Key from the Appraisd configuration:
Highlight the text in the box and press CTRL+C or CMD+C to copy. You’ll need this shortly.
- Go to BambooHR and open the Webhooks admin page. Click Add Webhook:
- Complete the new webhook page as follows (top half):
- Bottom half:
For the Post to URL box, you need to paste in the Webhook Key that you copied earlier.
- Now click Save.
Your webhook should now be established. Please test it by making a change in BambooHR and checking the change has been propagated to Appraisd.
If you get stuck please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.