Appraisd provides a basic objectives template that can be customised, this article details what different customisation is available.
At Appraisd we understand that a lot thought goes into the best method for setting goals to drive both employee and company performance. That's why we have made it easy to customise our Objectives template to your needs.
Our basic template explained
When you first use an Appraisd trial account you will have access to our basic objective template. This template showcases some of our more popular objective setting features available:
- What's the objective? - The objective top-line or title
- Measure of success (how) - Space for the individual to define how they plan to achieve this.
- Is this contributing to another objective in the organisation? - The option to link the objective to someone else's objective in the organisation. Benefits of enabling contributing objectives are: linking cross-departmental projects, reducing silo'ed working and improved alignment with strategic company goals.
- Due... Effective objectives should have a due date to anchor an individual's focus.
- Status - Status updates can be used by employee or manager to indicate their progress and state of an objective.
- Visibility - You can configure what visibility options are made available for objectives set in Appraisd, this is how an individual can choose to publicly share an objective with their reports, team or everyone in the organisation.
What you can change in the Basic template?
- The colour of your objectives, provide us with the hex code for the colour your would like.
- The name for objectives in Appraisd, this can be changed to Goals, OKRs, etc...
- All header/question text
Depending on how and what you want employees and managers to consider when setting objective you can change current wording or remove rows that aren't needed.
- Contributing to another person's objective
If you are not ready for this feature, then we can disable the option to link to or contribute towards someone else's objective.
- Status update options are customisable
You choose to offer less options or change the wording of existing options, e.g. Off track could be Behind target
- Control available visibility options
You may not be ready to open up objective visibility across the whole organisation, or you may have a particular way that you want objectives to be cascaded across teams. You can choose what sharing options are made available and if you want to limit this.
What is available to add to the Basic template?
- More headers/questions and questions with a list of predefined inputs as a drop-down choice
- Embed links to internal guides or add graphics
- A completion slider that tracks progress by percentage
- The option to attach files to objectives
- The option to add Milestones/Sub-tasks/Key-Results to an Objective
- Employee and manager assessment ratings
How to make a change request?
- Send your requirements and change request through to our dedicated Customer Success team on email@example.com
- NOTE: Only the main account admin can request this change because it affects your whole account.
Other way you can customise Objectives in Appraisd
You can review your Objective settings that determine how Objectives work for you in Appraisd in Configuration under the Objectives tab.
Here you can decide who can see Save and Edit objectives, who receives alerts on updates and other permissions that can effect the way objectives are managed in Appraisd for your organisation.
NOTE: only the main account admin has the authorisation to request changes to objective templates. If you are unsure who this is for your account please contact firstname.lastname@example.org who will let you know who to contact at your company.