Updating your People list
First, we recommend you look at your People list and check that
- everyone is assigned the correct manager, 2nd manager and 2nd sign-off - Editing a user
- everyone’s default form is correct (if you use this feature) - Assigning/updating default forms
- all leavers have been deactivated - Deactivating a user
- all new joiners have been added to the account - Adding a user
Cleaning up old reviews
Before setting up new reviews it’s a good idea to clean up your account by closing overdue reviews so employees don’t have two reviews in progress at the same time. You can view your overdue reviews by going to the Admin Centre > Reviews tab and filtering for Status = Overdue only. You’ll need to decide what you’d like to do for each one. Your options are:
- Leave them as they are, if you think the manager and employee will eventually complete them (it is possible to have two reviews in progress, but users can get confused by this)
- Close reviews individually by editing them and changing the Stage field to the final step in the workflow they're using (usually Closed or Finished)
- Close reviews in bulk by clicking the Close old reviews button
- Delete the review if it’s empty and not going to be completed (you can check if it's empty by clicking Edit > Responses)
Cleaning up old objectives
If it's the beginning of a new performance year, you may also want to close overdue objectives. You can do this by going to the Admin Centre > Reports > Objectives and filtering on Overdue = Yes. Then you can use the moderator bulk tools to set them as finished.
Setting up the new round of reviews
Let your employees know
When employees log in they will see their new review ready for them on their dashboard. You may have also sent them a notification email if you ticked the box when you created the review(s). If not, you can do this now in the Admin Centre > People tab > Send emails.
Use this tool to send a message like this:
Your Year-End Review has been set up on Appraisd and you can start your self-assessment. Please do this by 1st December.
If you’re a manager, please ensure you invite others to give feedback on your team member soon so that they have enough time to complete it.