Moderators can 'view as' another user for troubleshooting purposes or to complete tasks on behalf of another person.
As a moderator, it can sometimes be useful to 'view as' or impersonate another user to provide support or if you're gathering screenshots for some documentation.
This is a feature that must be enabled by Appraisd Customer Success team and requires approval from your Main Administrator.
Things to bear in mind:
- When impersonating, you will not see Private Notes entered by the user
- Aside from this you have full control over the user's account
- When impersonating, avoid using several tabs open at the same time - it's easy to confuse which user you're impersonating and perform an action as the wrong person
- You can only 'view as' someone for whom you're a moderator
If you would like to enable this feature please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
How to 'view as' someone else in Appraisd
- Search for the person that you would like to 'view as' and go to their profile.
- On their profile page you will see a 'view as' option on the right hand side, click on the link to view as this person.
- When you are viewing as someone else you'll see a grey banner at the top of your page. When you are finished viewing as someone you must Exit viewing mode using the the Exit link in this grey banner.
NOTE: If you complete actions when viewing as someone else, these will be logged in the system to show that the tasks were completed by someone else in the 'view as' mode, ensuring all actions are accountable when using this tool.