Data stored in Appraisd can be deleted permanently when requested by an administrator with sufficient authority, or according to the GDPR following a request from a data subject.
Don't confuse deleting user data with deactivating a user. You would choose to deactivate a user to block access to a user who leaves your organisation temporarily or permanently when you'd like to retain their information for future use. Or you can opt to permanently delete a user's data.
Data can be deleted for the entire account or for selected individuals. If you'd like to do either of these, please contact email@example.com who will help you.
When you delete an individual's data, you will be deleting the following:
- The individual's objectives, and comments on their objectives
- The comments the individual made on other people's objectives
- The individual's feedback that they received or gave to others
- The individual's own reviews and check-ins, and all the comments on them
- If the individual was a manager, the comments they made on the reviews or check-ins for people they managed or any review they were involved in
- Their activity log and the log of activities they took on other people
- The previous versions of responses they made or feedback they gave or received
- All invitations to give and receive feedback they were involved in
- Their API tokens
- Files uploaded to Appraisd by them or for their profile
- Their own user account and profile
Be certain, therefore, before deleting a user that you are happy for their data to be deleted from other people's reviews, check-ins, feedback and objectives.
Note: data is also stored in backup databases. Once data from our production servers is deleted it will take 35 days for the deletions to propagate through our backups and be completely removed.