- You must have a paid Appraisd account to use the native integrations
- Your HRIS must be one of those in our supported list
- You (or another Appraisd administrator) must have the required authorisation to agree to a new third party sub-processor, APIdeck BVBA, for your account
- You must have the necessary rights in your HRIS to generate the keys or OAuth for the integration
Enabling the integration:
Note: If you are an existing Appraisd client, we suggest speaking with your Customer Success Manager before enabling the integration who can help you configure the field mapping
- Log into Appraisd and navigate to the User Provisioning section of the configuration.
- Accept the terms by ticking the box and pressing save. Your name, email and the date/time of your agreement will be stored.
- Press the 'Open Settings' button to launch the APIdeck vault where you will authenticate the integration with your HRIS.
- Select the HRIS that you would like to integrate with from the list provided. In this example we will use the Personio connection.
If you do not see your HRIS in the list and would like to integrate with it, please contact your CSM who will be able to register your interest with our Product team.
- Input the required information to authorise the integration and save them. Then authorise the connection if needed.
If you need help, click on the Connection Guide to get instructions specific to your chosen HRIS.
- Once authorised, exit the APIdeck vault and click into the Mapping tab of the integration panel. For each active field, choose which incoming HRIS field maps to each Appraisd field.
If you need help identifying the incoming fields from your HRIS please speak to your CSM.
N.b. our basic integration only allows for one-to-one mappings for incoming HRIS fields to the Appraisd user fields, such as AdminGroup or ReviewGroup, as shown above. If you need more complex data mapping, then you will need our advanced integrations package.
- On the Configuration tab of the integration panel and add your email to the list of email addresses to be notified once the run is complete.
Any emails added must be the emails of the users who are already present in the Appraisd account.
- On the Runs tab, press the Queue Sync button and it will start a sync. As syncs are queued this may take a while, so it's best to wait for the email notification of the sync completing and then navigating back to this page.
- Once a run is complete, you can see the logs for the run in the Runs table.
If there are any failures, they are available in those logs should they occur.
- Our basic integration allows for weekly syncs of your users. Speak to your CSM to arrange for this to be configured for you. Once configured, you can see your schedule in the Schedule tab of the integrations panel.
If you require daily user syncs, you will need our advanced integrations package.
- If you've already launched, you may want to turn on the welcome email for new users in the Configuration tab of the integrations panel. The message can be customised as needed.
Tips and advice
- If your import run has any errors, you can click on the 'view logs' button at the right of the import run row to see a full list of users we tried to import. Any error rows will show what went wrong and you can resolve it before starting a new sync.
You can see the record that we tried to import (after any mappings and business logic have been applied to the incoming user object) by clicking on 'view details'.
- If you are using incoming custom fields from your HRIS as part of your mapping configuration, the way that the HRIS labels the custom field in their API is not always the same as they display in their web application. If you're unable to find the API label, then please speak to your CSM who can help you identify what the HRIS is sending it as.
For example in our Personio trial account the custom field for 'City' is in fact labelled as 'User_City' in the API, so we must use this API label in the mapping configuration in Appraisd: