The Appraisd Teams app brings performance management into the system your colleagues use every day.
How to install the Teams app for your organisation
You will need to be a Teams administrator for your organisation.
Log into the Teams admin centre and navigate to the 'Manage apps' policies page - https://admin.teams.microsoft.com/policies/manage-apps. Search for the Appraisd app and click on the row.
Click on 'Allow' and then choose 'Allow' on the approval popup.
Navigate to the Teams 'App setup policies' page - https://admin.teams.microsoft.com/policies/app-setup - and select the 'Global (Org-wide default)' policy row. Then press the 'Edit' button.
Click on 'Add apps' in the Installed apps section
Search for and Add the Appraisd app
We also advise that you pin the Appraisd app to increase usage by your employees. To do this, press on 'Add apps'.
Search for and add the Appraisd app
Press on Save at the bottom of the page to save your changes to the Global policy
The policy can take a few hours to be applied to your users. Once it is, the Appraisd app will be installed on their Teams account and they will see a welcome message from the app.
Please note that if the email address that your employees use for Teams is different than the one they have assigned to them within Appraisd, they will be sent the below message instead of the welcome message.
They will need to press on the 'Finish set up' button and log into their Appraisd account. Once they've logged in, they'll receive the welcome message and be able to use the app as usual.
Can our employees install the Teams app for themselves?
Depending on your organisation's Teams policies individuals may be able to install the Appraisd Teams app for themselves.
If they are allowed, they should open the Teams app directory by clicking on the Apps button at the bottom left and search for 'Appraisd'. Then select the Appraisd app.
Click on the 'Add' button and allow the permissions needed for the app
They'll then receive the welcome message and can start using the Appraisd Teams app.
Things to know
- If you're still in the onboarding phase, please wait until you launch to connect to the Teams app so your employees don't receive notifications too early.
- Teams can't show only Appraisd users in the user-selection menu. If you try to give feedback to someone who isn't on Appraisd you'll get an error message.
- The email alerts from Appraisd will continue to be sent for all users regardless of whether they are using the Teams app or not.
- If an Appraisd user is not on Teams, then they won't of course get the notification in Teams but they will get the usual email alerts from Appraisd.
- You cannot add a Teams attachment (eg an image or file) to an Appraisd note or feedback. Teams rich-text formatting will also not be transferred to Appraisd.
- If a user would prefer not to get the Teams notifications from Appraisd, they can mute the Appraisd app in Teams.
- The Appraisd Teams app is currently only available in English.
- If a user uninstalls the Appraisd Teams app, it doesn't uninstall it for other users. If you'd like us to remove the Teams registration for all users, let us know at email@example.com.
- Showing more information about your team
- Replying to instant feedback
- Adding a progress update to your/your team members' objectives