If the due date of your end of year reviews is different from the end date of your review period, you may want to use our 'restrict objectives to cycle' feature. This will determine that the objectives showing in your reviews are for the corresponding review period instead of the twelve months prior to the due date of the review.
For example, your review cycle could run from 1st July 2019 to 30th June 2020, with all your objectives due between those dates. However, you may have your end of year reviews due on 10th July 2020. This means your review takes place outside of your review period. If we configure Appraisd to restrict your objectives to your cycle, we can ensure that your reviews are showing the objectives from the correct period to review.
Restricting objectives to a cycle also changes the way they are displayed on the Objectives tab. Employees will have access to a drop-down menu that allows them to filter which objectives show on the page. They will be able to view each cycle's objectives rather than seeing them all at once.
How to configure objectives to show within their cycle
- Email email@example.com with the date range of your review period (must be a twelve month period) e.g. 1st July 2019 to 30th June 2020, and we will enable the settings in the backend of the Configuration area.
- Make sure the Review cycle column on the Reviews tab is looking at the correct period for each review. This is what determines which period of objectives will pull into the review. You can edit this if you need.
- Make sure your review forms are set-up to show the required range of objectives. If you need more information, please see our help page on objective types in review forms. Some objective types may now be treated in relation to your cycle date range rather than the due date of the review.
- Future with add button - this will show all the objectives due in the review period following the one the review is looking at
- Previous 12 months -this will show all the objectives due within the review period the review is looking at
Please sign in to leave a comment.